Here’s the link for more information about the PS244 fundraising campaign.
Here’s the link to the GIVE IT ALL TO ME Library Collection at OutofPrintClothing.com.
Check it out! The good folks dropped me a line about this project last week, and I’m happy to boost for Library Week.
megangoestoschool you need all of these
I’m not good at following the directions for these, though, because I always feel it’s … I’m imposing, so, I’m not passing it along.
1) What’s your guilty-pleasure media? The one thing you love SO MUCH but secretly fear will earn you a judgey side-eye.
Is Pinterest a guilty-pleasure? Eyeballing quilts I’ll never make? I guess I don’t secretly fear too much, since I’ve made my peace with being a big nerd, and almost every art/craft is pretty acceptable these days. So, I guess cross-stitch and mixed media art is the closest I get, and my obsession with Animal Crossing. Or maybe it’s studying things - I love researching things so much.
2) Thoughts on leggings-as-pants?
I am trying to be accepting of this, so outwardly I’m pretty good about it, but it kind of squicks me out in general, mostly because *I* wouldn’t wear it (if I could get away with dressing in weird bohemian art hobo goth 1,000,000 layers all the time, I would) - I realize that’s a pretty old lady way to talk about it, which is why I’m trying. Mostly, I just try to think “good for you, I hope that’s comfortable.”
3) Where’s the next place you see yourself living? If your current location, what’s it’s biggest selling point?
There’s a huge pull to stay here because it’s where my friends are. So I’ll probably stay in this area, and not move for awhile.
4) If you had a free ride back to school, what would you pursue? Let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that age and career trajectory are not an issue.
Writing or photography.
5) Name one skill you always wish you’d acquired.
I want to build cool little moving machines, and I might actually do that this year! Like, basic arduino or Mindstorms stuff, but prettied up.
6) Name one skill you have that you’re particularly proud of!
I don’t know and I am so tired! Umm, I like being creative and organized, and I like making people I care about laugh. I’m proud of my ability to do shit on my own.
7) What’s the nicest compliment you’ve ever received, and from whom?
I’ve had people tell me that I’m great at things or that I have a lot of potential - my law teacher told me I had a wonderful reading voice. Mostly, the nicest compliment for me is when someone wants/likes something I’ve made.
8) Freeze to death, or burn? Don’t look at me, my sister used to insist we answer this question (“No, no, you HAVE to pick one!”) from ages 6-9. Morbid little shit.
Burn. I hate the cold, and somehow freezing to death seems like it would take an interminable amount of time, while burning seems fast.
9) If you had one do-over/Mulligan, for literally anything (a missed opportunity, something that slipped out of your mouth when it shouldn’t have, something you know you could do better now) what would you spend it on?
I probably wouldn’t have married an asshole who physically cheated on me for 2 out of the 3 years we were married. Just saying, hard to skip and go somewhere else with that.
10) Marvel or DC?
11) Name one thing you’ve done to improve the universe at large even just a teensy bit!
I like to do geeky murals and I think that’s an improvement to what’s there. I also adopted a big fluffy shelter kitty, so I’m keeping him off the streets, wreaking kitty havoc (I also donate to that shelter when I can). I really like to introduce people to books (especially comics) I think they’d like.
1) Don’t put anything on craigslist the week before a big test, because anytime someone wants to buy your stuff you will CURSE THEM because HOW DARE THEY - you are BUSY.
2) The Nintendo Wii doesn’t play DVDs and that is stupid.
3) Have your SO make you some bacon quesadillas. Because.
4) Some of my best friends just got their new daughter and that is awesome.
5) My sister auditioned and made the team for The Sirens, a mermaid dance team that dances in Mardi Gras parades.
6) Whole milk + two spoons of sugar + a teaspoon of nutmeg = EXACTLY the milk from the bottom of a cereal bowl.
7) I added this one because I don’t like the number six as much as I like seven.
AU where 'friend' and 'boyfriend'/'girlfriend' are the same word. imagine how confusing that would be! you would tell somebody about your ‘friend’ but they literally wouldn’t know what your relationship is because……..
oh wait sorry this isn’t an AU. German, I was talking about German. Imagine German.